Wednesday 13 February 2013

The V-Day Brash



My Facebook wall being littered with posts about the pride of being single made me understand one thing- jealousy was at its peak. A best friend's status update knit more loosely to let in more ideas follows: 

Oh God, you gave me everything, car, iPhone, laptop, a big house, loving father, doting brother, caring sibling, cuddling puppy, nasty faced maids, nosy neighbors. Everything!
All my friends have crushes and even some of my fat, dark, ugly and pot bellied friends have had the divine intervention of Lord Cupid.


It so happens that when you see some friend walk by with his/her crush, you get that feeling of jealousy and develop hatred towards the whole of mankind. This state aggravates when you see the-girl-who-you-thought-will-be-yours walking hand in hand with her goddamn lover, it is just like piercing in a dagger into your meek little heart.

When you see some friend walk by with his/her crush, you get that feeling of jealousy and develop hatred towards the whole of mankind. It happens!

This state aggravates when you see the-girl-who-you-thought-will-be-yours walking hand in hand with her damn lover, it is not just like piercing in a dagger into your meek little heart, it actually does.

Why didn't I just get past at least one girl? 

But why not a love in life?
Ain't I handsome? Am I not that good? I am on the verge of getting a sturdy six pack. I am all fair and handsome. I am tall- the Ranbir Kapoor kinda looks. Yeah, I do have it. On top of all this, the icing on the cake, I am rich. Still, the case seems to get no better. 

All I do is flirt and then, it so progresses that even before I open up my heart, they seem to open up theirs and tell me about their love.

All online social marketers were putting love on to their shopping cart to make the love-struck follow suit. Love shaped cups, love shaped cakes, love shaped rings and what not, love shaped thenga-kola?
Was love in the air? Definitely not. All what I could smell was that of the fuming ashes of my long lost love.


Well, it was, for some. For me, it is just going to be another Thursday, a Thursday swarming with jealousy and loneliness. 


After, reading his short but insightful status, I sniggered and let out a sigh, 'You've got company, dude! ;)' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Barbershop Ordeal

I have always loved evading crowds. Seldom does it work on the roads on the way to the office, but otherwise I hate crowds and will go to ...